Rocks & Gems
What is a rock? And what's the difference between a rock, a mineral, and a gem? Kids are sure to discover the answer in this addition to our Smithsonian Kids First Discovery Books! Every page of the board book is filled with interesting facts from the different layers of rocks which make up the earth, to the identification of precious and semi-precious gems. Do you know why the Hope Diamond’s color is named “French Blue”? Learn the answer to that question and more in this fascinating book.
Smithsonian Kids books feature engaging and educational content for little learners that reflect the integrity of the Smithsonian. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of this book goes to support the Smithsonian's educational mission.
Explore the entire collection of Smithsonian Kids books as well as hundreds of other titles from Cottage Door Press!
- Packed with facts about rock formation, different kinds of rocks, minerals, and gems, and ways to use them all
- Photographs from Smithsonian Kids are sure to educate and entertain
- Embossed pictures promote tactile learning
- This educational board book is a perfect gift for any child interested in rocks, minerals, and geology
- Officially licensed Smithsonian Kids product - Collect the entire